Anyway, on to the Halloween story. I'll tell it with the photos. (Click to enlarge slightly.)

So on Monday when I got home from work, we went to the Pumpkin Patch to take some photos. We played a bit, but Fin was a pill, screaming at every other child and refusing to be put down. This photo was one of a few seconds where he was actually being friendly (to me). Another little boy came up to the Jack-o-Lantern and Fin, inside, screamed loudly which terrified the boy, who then cowered outside. I felt bad and pulled him out so the other boy could play.

Probably the best pic I got of his sourpuss face. Here is was distracted by a pumpkin painted like a kitty ("mowm" say the kitties) and so I was able to snap a shot of him. Pose? Oh no, not today, mom, I'm A PILL.

The wagon ride lasted all of about a half a lap, until he saw a little girl in one and screamed at her because, I think, he thought she was stealing his, even though he was still in his.
I gave up after about 20 minutes. I didn't buy a pumpkin. If the place doesn't have the mojo to make Fin happy, they don't deserve my $10. (It's all about taking responsibility when you're a mother - heh!)

"These are not the candies you're looking for."
So Fin was a Jedi. Yes, that's more to please me, but this is probably the last year where he'll actually be clueless and I get a say in his costume. Plus, we already had the cloak - we just needed some $1.79 remnants from Joanne's and some scissors and voila! Jedi costume for toddlers. Oh and a cardboard toilet paper roll and some tinfoil and hockey tape. (Who needs a lightsaber that ignites? He's better with the mind tricks.)

One thing's for sure, Fin was really into it. He walked about half the pace of Sammi & Tommy so we only went up to about every other house - but - he walked the entire way (except across a few streets) and Sammi actually pooped out before Fin did :) I got him to say "Thank you" ("Tenkoo") at a few houses, but mostly it was me saying Thank You and Fin saying "Byee" and everyone gushing at how adorable this - yes - not even close to three year old - was.

"You will give me cheerios."
Wait a minute. I'm starting to understand how it is he doesn't need to speak to get what he wants. Hmmm.

Did I mention he did all the walking? Oh - there was one house where he saw some toddler toys and he went right in! Fortunately they were nice and let me in after him.
By the end of the night, he had the routine down pat. He even held Sammi's hand most of the last stretch and she helped him open his bag when he got to the doors, or if I had his bag, she made sure he got his loot and didn't linger too long. It was great.
At one point he was behind Sammi, and he went up to her to push her (like pushing a train or something), and with his little hands raised, he put one on each of her cheeks and from behind, with our supposedly-adult mentalities, it looked like he was goosing her. Very cute. Sam didn't really notice it like that, thankfully!

"Now where did that droid get to?"
All in all I'd say he enjoyed himself. Mark was able to arrive just in time, too, and so he got to experience Bunky's first real TorT along with myself and Pam! :)
Neglected children everywhere will one day get to say, "My mom wrote a novel." Fintan is no exception.
He'll also get to say "My mom climbed Mt. Kilimanjaro when there was still snow on it." I'm so proud of him!
No comments:
Post a Comment