Okay so we're about a mile and a half from the rink on Roscoe when a young driver and her three friends rear-end me. Their car is in very bad shape. Mine looks okay, other than some plastic bumper damage, but you never know until you drive away, right?
Fintan is okay. Hooray for car-seats. In fact, he's been in really good spirits and cheerful and cute as usual. Though he is still uninsured. Gawd help us if something more dramatic had happened!
Mark and I are okay. The impact didn't feel all that bad.
Red Dog (my car) is not okay. I will take it in to the dealership to have it looked at tomorrow. For those who know me and my car's history, the dealership is the only way to go for me. They don't do body work but they will refer me out. Unfortunately they are not open on Sundays.
When we drove off, it was making some odd noises, particularly (but not limited to) when you step on the gas pedal. When we parked and took out our bags, it was clear that her front end, which had wedged under my rear end a bit in the initial impact, had done some damage to the underside of my tail. The spare tire holder is bent, but that's to be expected. The picnic table that is in the trunk floor of CR-Vs is wedged up about 4" and the trunk area floor is damaged. You can see it underneath. And what's worse, with the hockey bag and stroller in there, it actually damaged the stroller by squishing it, and so it was almost impossible to open. I did manage to yank it apart, however, and it seems to be working okay,
Yohn said that the insurance will replace the car seat, which you are supposed to do any time it is in an accident. I think it's okay but who wants to take chances. Especially when your child has no @*(@*#* insurance. (Can you tell I'm still pissed about that? I think I'm more pissed about that than I am about the car.)
Anyway, my mom comes today and I was supposed to pick her up but I don't think I should drive the car any more than I have to. We'll have to get a rental.
I felt sorry for the girl who hit me. I think she only got her license recently. She's 19, and her insurance policy started 3/6/06. Of course, she might have had it for a year already (or more). But in any case, being under 21 (and under 25) her insurance is going to skyrocket. As for mine, I'm 0% at fault, but who knows. (I do like my insurance, tho. The Hartford. I think we'll use them for homeowners insurance, too.)
Sunday, April 09, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Neglected children everywhere will one day get to say, "My mom wrote a novel." Fintan is no exception.
He'll also get to say "My mom climbed Mt. Kilimanjaro when there was still snow on it." I'm so proud of him!
No comments:
Post a Comment