Thursday, April 13, 2006

Nanny Day 1

Today was a good day. It flew by. However, even with our new nanny, Isabel, here all day, I was beyond exhausted. She was wonderful, though. This is going to be a good relationship. Fintan liked her so much he didn't nap. She went for two walks to try to get him to sleep. He was essentially awake from 7 am to 5:30 pm. I took a nap from 3-5:30 - I had meant to let Isabel go at 4 but of course I was totally knocked out. Anyway, tomorrow will be a shorter day - I'll be out running all those last errands and stuff and she'll probably get to go home when I return.

I can't wait to move so that we have a nice, organized, clutter-free, clean house to live in. Right now I'm embarassed that Isabel has to vacuum around boxes, etc. It's pretty sad. Not to mention my vile carpet. My mom is kind of annoying me, fluctuating between "you need to call the landlord and get that carpet done now" and "why bother getting new carpet, the landlord will only make you pay when you move out and the cats have puked on it again." It's no wonder I can't make any major decisions!

It's kind of weird. I always wanted to be a mom, and now that I have a baby - a dreamy son, no less - I really have this kind of escape dream. I think it's just the baby thing. I have no qualms letting someone else take care of him while I go do things. As soon as we're done with our morning routine, which usually ends with the bath before noon, I'm then bored and clueless about what to do. I think he picks up on that and gets cranky by the end of the day.

Well today he did not get cranky, he was giddy all day, and then he passed out.

No comments: