Hello, world. I played my first game of hockey last night. Mark and I are on the same team and we had the dreadful 10pm Sunday night game. We all hate those, but you have a few each season. The hardest part is finding a sitter because you don't want to put anyone out that late at night.
Lucky for us, "uncle" Dalan said he'd come over and watch the kid. It went really well. Normally he's asleep at that time anyway, and after a feeding he pretty much conked out. Dalan did change his peepee diaper but he didn't need to. Dalan and his girlfriend played Guitar Hero and Finny slept through it, of course. Dalan likes babies :)
As for the game, I did pretty well. I'm playing forward this season (at my request) and we have Mike back in net so we feel a little more confident. I had to wear my old Oakland Seals jersey because the guy who borrowed my Snipers jersey last season while I was out hadn't washed it yet, and he needed to wear it. No biggy, the Seals jersey fits better and reminds me of some of my better playing years. Anyway I had a lot of scoring opportunities in front of the net. I found that with my out-of-shape legs and lungs, I was doing my best parking around the net and the high slot picking up the garbage. I almost had a goal on one rebound where I lifted the shot on my backhand and the goalie was down, but unfortunately I was in too close and it just clipped the top/side of the goalie's pad and came back out. Then it was a shove-it-under game as I fell down. No biggy. I had lot sof fun pretending to be Darcy Tucker. (It was not a Forsberg night for me.) Mark played well too, at defense, but he did have one blunder that resulted in a goal (Mike got a piece of it but it dropped and rolled in behind him).
Anyway, it felt good to be back. I can't wait to get back into shape and get my game on!
Monday, April 03, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Neglected children everywhere will one day get to say, "My mom wrote a novel." Fintan is no exception.
He'll also get to say "My mom climbed Mt. Kilimanjaro when there was still snow on it." I'm so proud of him!
No comments:
Post a Comment