Fin is really into hockey. He watched the entire game with Mark and then the tail end of two other games as well. And I mean he really watches it, staring at the blobs moving around on the bright white background. I'm sure he remembers the sounds, too, from the womb. I used to raise my shirt to expose him as much as possible to the sounds and lights from the screen. (click photo to enlarge)(The Leafs stomped Ottawa for the first time this season for a critical win 5-1, but Tampa Bay beat Carolina in the final 10 seconds of overtime to clinch the #8 playoff spot, so the Leafs (to our dismay) are done. I can only hope now that in their last two games that Darcy and/or Sundin reach the 30 goal mark.)
Laura and Kathy came today - I felt bad because they came an hour later than I expected and then I had to rush off to look at some townhomes with Mark, and when I got back we only had another hour before they had to leave. I wanted to spend more time with them. I LOVE YOU GUYS! I will try to come down to OC next weekend.
I'm losing sleep and appetite lately. Sleep I think mostly because of my neck/shoulder problem. It hurts most when I'm horizontal. I drive like an old lady hunched over. My car is in the shop for 2 weeks. Appetite probably because of stress related to many things, including going back to work, relinquishing control of my son's well-being to another person I barely know, knowing I still am not going to get much sleep, still wanting to do 500 things other than work or childrearing, the thought of quadrupling my monthly expenses for a mortgage and nanny, and so on.
OH! What was this all about anyway? Hands hands hands. He's definitely, very deliberately, very slowly reaching out to grab things. He has been grabbing/clutching for a week or so now but it was mostly unconscious. Now he looks at things and slowly moves toward them, grabs on, and holds. If he gets both hands on something he shoves it in his mouth. This evening at Chicken Cafe I gave him a little plastic cup thing (for salsa) and he transfered it from hand to hand. This is a major milestone! Soon he'll be stickhandling like Peter Forsberg or Kyle Wellwood or Mats Sundin...
Neglected children everywhere will one day get to say, "My mom wrote a novel." Fintan is no exception.
He'll also get to say "My mom climbed Mt. Kilimanjaro when there was still snow on it." I'm so proud of him!
1 comment:
Hi Sweetpea, don't feel bad. No one could help the traffic. It's always a nightmare. We were starving, then you had important things to do as well. At least I got to see how much the little man has grown. It was nice, despite short. Love, Kathy
Post a Comment