Friday, April 21, 2006

Daddy's Boy



It was a good first week back at work. I'm a little surprised. I had been sort of dreading it, especially not being on Acura when I had some plans for the team. But I actually had a lot of fun working on two proposals, scoping one of them out ad nauseum. More like producer work, like a few of my previous jobs where I had to do more than just be a Project monkey. Let's hope they both amount to something! I feel "useful" again :)

Mark came home early twice this week. Both times he took over the kid, fed him, watched hockey. He also fed him in the morning before Isabel arrived. The kid really likes him. Daddy makes faces and he laughs. If he's cranky Daddy can make him smile. If Daddy's doing something, or sometimes nothing, he just stares at Daddy, fascinated. They sit together on the sofa and bond. It's been very wonderful to see.

Unfortunately the three times I came home first, he was cranky and seemed sad to trade Isabel's arms for mine. He is normally pretty cranky in the early evening hours but I somehow feel like it's me. The few hours I have to spend with him are not very pleasant, and I start wanting him to go to sleep again and I am disappointed that we can't just dance or enjoy the time. I hope this weekend will be better.

Last but not least, we are getting a little closer to a normal schedule. Last night he went to bed at 9:30 and when he woke me up to eat I was surprised to find it was already 4:oo. Now if I can just get him from about 10:30 to 5:30 we'll be golden!

No comments: