Friday, April 14, 2006

My Last Friday of Freedom

Once again, I shouldn't be writing this blog entry.

I should be partying. Enjoying my last day of freedom before I am enslaved once again. (I say jokingly.) It is a kind of servitude, though, working to serve the little man as well as The Man. I have to change my attitude now... I used to enjoy working. I thrived on the chaos, the crunching. Then I got pregnant and my life is upside down. Then I had the baby and my life is still upside down and spinning. It's great. But it's still difficult to get over what used to be a "work to live [for myself]" lifestyle and pretend like I am doing it for my child, who is an extension of me.

I let Isabel go home early - her (adult) daughter is in the hospital. I'm surprised she showed up at all. Plus she was here extra long yesterday as I overslept my nap. When I got home from my errands and chiro appointment, she had cleaned the bathrooms, the kitchen, washed his laundry and bottles, bathed him... oh heavenly. I feel like such a pig when someone else cleans my house though. I can't wait to live in a nice clean organized clutter free place!

I am trying to get poopyhead to fall asleep so I can have him be awake until at least 8 tonight. Why does he refuse to nap? He's tired but just not going to sleep. Ah well. I just won't be able to survive if he goes to sleep at 5:30, then eats at 8:30 (if I wake him), 12:30 (if I don't), 2:30, and 5:30 again. I need him to go to sleep at 8:30, I can wake him at 11:30 to feed, and then skip right to the 5:30 feeding, and then I guess Mark will feed him at 7:30 - but at least i'll get 6-ish hours of sleep in a block. Last night he went from 8:30 to 3:30. HEAVEN! Too bad I went to bed at 11:30 thinking he'd be eating soon... else I would have gone to bed at 8:30 also.

No comments: